For the past eight years, the Pikes Peak Equality Coalition has been an unwavering voice for traditionally underrepresented communities in the region. We now have the opportunity to build on the great success of our collaborative efforts by focusing on the continuing community needs of economic vitality, diverse representation, and local cohesion. In order to build a community in which we are all proud to live, the Pikes Peak Equality Coalition is committed to collaborating with a diverse network of organizations and their constituencies, increase civic participation and nonpartisan voter engagement, and advance equality in our region.
Some of our key activities over the next year include:
Helping to lead activities to inform voters about local elections and potential ballot initiatives in November 2016, including a candidate survey and election forums;
Increasing voter turnout among African American, Latino/a, single women, and youth voters in El Paso County;
- Connecting the community by providing up-to-date events and opportunities to get involved here, and on our PPEC Facebook page.
WHAT WE ARE WORKING TOWARD
- Reinvigorate the Human Relations Commission
- Election protection
- Championed marriage equality
- Nonpartisan voter education
- Sustain a viable local health system for Colorado Springs
- Legislative advocacy